Boiler Systems PLUS 1
The overall objective of this course is to make the attendee more knowledgeable about what a boiler is, how it operates, and what ancillary equipment is required to support its operation. Additionally, the program stresses safety and the proper operating practices required to maximize efficient, safe, and reliable service of the equipment.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for boiler operators, maintenance personnel, and front line supervisory personnel.
- Thermodynamics and heat transfer: understanding what is really going on inside the unit
- Overview of the most common boiler designs and their unique differences
- Combustion and Burners
- Total system efficiency: where the losses can occur
- Steam system load demand impact on the vessel and carryover
- Boiler operating controls
- Low Water Cut-off, avoiding incidents… the why and how
- Reading and understanding a boiler schematic wiring diagram
- Flame Safeguard - Sequence of operation, including insights into troubleshooting
- A review of pretreatment equipment: softeners, deaerators, and packaged feed systems
- Proper maintenance recommendations