- Blowdown prevents buildup of harmful solids in steam boilers
- Blowdown helps maintain boiler water level safety controls
- Built-in Aftercooler protects wastewater disposal systems
- Compact Blowdown Separators -- ASME Section VIII 250 psig tank design
- Blowoff Tanks for specific applications and ASME code requirements
Cleaver-Brooks model BDS blowdown separators and model BDT tanks use a safe, proven, economical flash purification process for facilitating blowdown effectiveness and disposal.
- Product Overview
- Related Resources
- Safe, economical method to separate steam and water from boiler blow-off and high temperature condensate
- Flash purification process safely vents clean steam to atmosphere
- Reduces drain water temperature to meet state and local requirements
- Quiet design, with noise levels below 90 dBA
- Stainless steel striking plate extends separator life
- Tangential inlet and high velocities promote cyclonic separation of steam and water
- Self-draining, self-drying design
- Proven performance, durable design, longer life
- ASME “U” and “UM” stamp available
- Available for any boiler capacity
- Tank designs up to 1600 psig
Model BDS blowdown separators offer an effective and compact solution to safely dispose of boiler blowdown and other high temperature process streams, including deaerator overflow or high temperature waste condensate from steam traps or pressure relief.
Model BDT blow-off tanks allow boiler blowdown to accumulate in a larger tank and cool, mixing with the next blowdown and thereby reducing the need for additional cooling water. All model BDT blow-off tanks are sized and designed according to ASME Section VIII and National Board specifications.
Learn the importance of water conditioning, methods of mechanical and chemical treatment, consequences of improper water chemistry, as well as the benefits and best practices of steam and hydronic system water treatment.
- Process Steam
- Industrial Process
- Building Heat
- Waste Heat Recovery
- Hospital and Healthcare
- Power and Utilities
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning
- Refineries and Petrochemical
- Food Processing
- Breweries & Distilleries
- Renewable Energy