D-Type Elevated Drum
- Steam, temperatures to 1,050°F
- 200,000 to 1,000,000 lb/hr
- Natural Gas, #2 and #6 oil, refinery fuels, alternative fuels, combination
- Design pressure up to 1,800 psig
- Available to less than 5 ppm NOx, Ultra-Low CO
The Cleaver-Brooks D-type elevated drum design maximizes shop assembly time while minimizing the cost of field labor often associated with boilers of such high capacity.
- Product Overview
- Related Resources
- Minimal field assembly.
- Faster, more cost-effective delivery time versus field erect boilers.
- Reduced gas-side pressure drop and smaller forced-draft fans.
- Superheat option available.
- Dual burners for some applications.
- Can accommodate selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and CO catalyst .
The D-type elevated drum is a 100% membrane water-cooled furnace, reducing costly, time-consuming, annual maintenance. The front and rear walls are welded and refractory-free, as well as the burner throat, when integrated with our Natcom® burner. D-type boilers can be customized to provide superheated steam. We offer both single- and dual-stage integral superheater systems with optional temperature control over turndown.
BYU replaced coal boilers with two O-type watertube boilers, a CBEX Elite firetube boiler and a HRSG, and pursued independence from local electrical grid.
Buffalo Trace was able to meet changing steam demands, significant fuel savings and reduced emissions.
- Process Steam
- Industrial Process
- Power and Utilitiesl
- Refineries and Petrochemical
- Carbon Capture
- Pulp and Paper