Max-Fire Series HRSG Boiler
- Gas Turbine Size: 3 MW - 25 MW
- Type: HRSG
- Exhaust Gas Flows (lb/hr): Up to 1,000,000
- Steam Flows (lb/hr): Up to 500,000
- Steam Temperature: Up to 1,050 deg F
- Duct Firing Temperature: Up to 2,800 deg F
- Assembly: Shop Assembled
- Circulation: Natural Circulation
- Construction: Membrane Wall Construction
- Gas flows up to 1,000,000 lb/hr
- Steam Generation from 10,000 to 500,000 lb/hr
- Design pressure up to 2,300 psig
- Steam temperature to 1,050 °F
- Supplemental firing with stack emissions available to less than 2 ppm NOx with SCR
The Cleaver-Brooks Max-Fire® boiler incorporates an integral furnace in a single-shop assembled, packaged HRSG design. The use of the membrane/water-cooled furnace technology allows it to be fired up to 2800°F while avoiding the use of high-maintenance refractory.
The Cleaver-Brooks HRSG achieves >80% efficiency compared to 56% for traditional technologies. It reduces up to 7.0 MMBtu/hr of fuel in conventional boilers and eliminates 2,870 tons of CO2 emissions annually per 1 MWe GT output.
- Product Overview
- Related Resources
- Completely shop-assembled boiler with integral water-cooled furnace utilizing membrane-wall construction for firing temperatures up to 2800˚F.
- Vertical (top) and horizontal gas outlet for meeting tight space requirements.
- Combination bare and finned tube sections to provide efficient heat recovery.
- Multiple finned-tube designs for optimized heat transfer.
- Large steam drums to assure ample steaming area.
- Hard or aluminum casing
- Downcomers on both ends of the boiler.
- Accommodation for selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and CO catalyst.
The Cleaver-Brooks Max-Fire boiler incorporates an integral furnace in a single shop-assembled package heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) that combines a furnace and evaporator and superheater, if applicable, with a natural circulation design. Capable of steam flows up to 500,000 lb/hr, the Max-Fire Series is offered in two different models. The MF (O-style) and MFA (A-style) models combine the waterwall combustion chamber formed from membrane wall construction with an evaporator section in a single shop-assembled boiler. The VL (O-style) and VLA (A-style) models offer an evaporator section without a furnace, but still enclosed with membrane wall construction.
BYU replaced coal boilers with two O-type watertube boilers, a CBEX Elite firetube boiler and a HRSG, and pursued independence from local electrical grid.
The increased efficiency in the HRSG allows this plant to reduce energy costs.
- Combined Heat and Power
- Process Steam
- District Heating
- Universities and Institutions
- Steam Heating
- Hospital and Healthcare
- Power and Utilities
- Refineries and Petrochemical
- Wastewater Treatment