- Electrode Steam Boiler
- 1-102MW, up to 340,000 lb/hr
- 100-450 psig operating pressure
- No site emissions
- Fast response time
The electrode boiler is a high-voltage, jet-type electrode steam boiler that utilizes water as a resistor to conduct electrical current and create heat to generate steam.
- Product Overview
- Related Resources
- Consistent boiler performance with shield gate design
- No site emissions, no site carbon footprint
- Intrinsically safer operation with no combustion hazards
- Ease of maintenance with minimal components
- Quiet operation
- Nearly 100% efficiency at all operating points
The Cleaver Brooks electrode boiler design is a fully packaged product which includes fully automated PLC controls, circulating pumps, and trim. This boiler technology has been in use since the early 1930s, and is becoming an excellent option for users needing to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. Boiler water conductivity is automatically controlled. Since conductivity can be maintained at high levels, surface blowdown can be reduced compared to other designs. Reduced surface blowdown improves overall system efficiency. Boiler output is modulated using a shield gate design, which ensures consistent boiler performance by keeping water pressure even up and down the internal nozzle stock. This eliminates water splashing inside the boiler and ensures efficient circulating pump performance.
Electric and Electrode boilers are effective at providing space and process heating while being 100% emissions free and highly efficient at all operating points.
- Industrial Process Steam
- Building Heat
- Power and Utilities
- Refineries and Petrochemical