Slant Type/VC Series
- Gas Flows to 400,000 lbs/hr
- Steam generation from 10,000 to 150,000 lb/hr
- Design pressure up to 2,300 psig
- Steam temperature to 1,050 °F
- Supplemental firing with stack emissions available to less than 2 ppm NOx with SCR
The Slant and VC Series boilers are ideal for applications where the gas side inlet temperature is less than 1,700°F. With a single-pass design, this series allows the boiler system to be optimized to fit in a variety of space limitations. Similar to the Maxfire®, This series is also suitable for applications where SCR or CO catalyst must be incorporated to meet today’s stringent environmental permitting requirements.
- Product Overview
- Related Resources
- Cold casing design with floating inner liners.
- Multiple gas flow options conform to space restrictions and minimize installation cost.
- Unheated downcomers, completely external to the boiler casing.
- Single-pass design for lower gas-side pressure drop.
- Ease of access to tubes for inspection and maintenance .
- Accommodation for selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and CO catalyst.
The Slant model offers an integral steam and water (mud) drum positioned diagonally which maximizes the amount of heating surface for a given shipping profile creating a compact design for efficient heat recovery. The VC model is a drum-over-drum design well suited for higher steam pressure applications, integrated CO/SCR (selective catalytic reduction) systems, and horizontal exhaust flow arrangements.
BYU replaced coal boilers with two O-type watertube boilers, a CBEX Elite firetube boiler and a HRSG, and pursued independence from local electrical grid.
The increased efficiency in the HRSG allows this plant to reduce energy costs.
- Combined Heat and Power
- Process Steam
- District Heating
- Universities and Institutions
- Steam Heating
- Hospital and Healthcare
- Power and Utilities
- Refineries and Petrochemical
- Wastewater Treatment